Sign Up for Newsletters
INJURIES FROM JOB RELATED ACCIDENTS OCCUR. WORKERS' COMPENSATION INSURANCE IS THE BUSINESS SOLUTION.
You may not be able to prevent every workplace injury but you can help manage your risk through workplace safety practices. An effective safety program should be in writing and includes these elements:
- A written statement of safety policy to demonstrate management commitment to the safety program.
- Assignment of responsibilities for planning, directing, monitoring and implementation of the safety program.
- A system for ensuring safety program recognition and enforcement.
- A system for employees to communicate safety concerns to employers without fear of reprisal.
- A system to identify workplace hazards and methods to ensure elimination of hazards once they are identified.
- Procedures for investigating the cause of incidents, illnesses or injuries, and preventing their recurrence.
- An ongoing safety and health training and retraining program specific to each job for new employees as well as whenever new substances, processes, procedures or equipment are introduced to the workplace.
- Maintenance of appropriate records and steps taken to implement and maintain the safety program.
Workers’ Compensation laws and requirements vary by state but generally any business that has employees must have it. Coverages and benefits can be obtained for the worker no matter who is at fault. For those workers injured in the workplace medical expenses and income replacement may be necessary.
A workers compensation policy would cover the following:
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Death benefit
- Vocational Rehabilitation
To learn more, please contact one of our insurance specialists today or click here www.thehartford.com/workerscomp/generic.html.