Personal Excess Liability
HIGHER LIABILITY LIMITS TO SAFEGUARD YOUR FAMILY AND ASSETS AGAINST CLAIMS OF PERSONAL INJURY AND PROPERTY DAMAGE.
Excess Liability Insurance policies protect you from liability issues that go beyond the coverage limits of standard insurance policies. The liability coverage included within the homeowners and auto policies is considered primary insurance; it responds first in the event of a claim. Excess liability insurance responds after primary coverage limits are exceeded.
Excess Liability coverage provides:
- Protection for covered claims by others for personal injury or property damage caused by you, members of your family/household, or hazards on your property for which you are legally liable
- Personal liability coverage for occurrences on or off your premises
- An additional layer of protection above your primary auto policy against auto-related liabilities
- Protection against non-business related personal injury liabilities such as slander, libel, wrongful eviction or false arrest
- Legal defense costs for a covered loss. Lawyer fees and associated court costs are covered
- Worldwide coverage- no matter where you go, with the only exception being situations involving foreign ownership of dwellings or cars
If you answer “yes” to one or more of these questions, you might be a target for a million dollar suit!
- Do you own your home?
- Do you own a vacation home?
- Do you own waterfront property?
- Do you have a swimming pool?
- Do you own more than one automobile?
- Do you own a luxury automobile?
- Do you own a power or sail boat?
- Do you own a dog?
- Do you have above-average family income?
Even if you answered “no” to each of these questions, there is always the possibility of being sued for a million dollars.
To understand more about what Excess Liability coverage is and how it can help you, please contact one of our insurance specialists today by using our Live Chat or Get a Quote option.